SOLD OUT FOR 2012!
This summer, treat your child to an art adventure!
During this wonderful week of art, kids aged 6 to 14 will explore colour and experiment with a variety of mediums, inspired by the Museum's collections, Pop art and Tom Wesselmann.
Special activity in conjunction with our summer exhibition Tom Wesselmann: A Retrospective, featuring one of the great American Pop artists
• Creation of a clay mask inspired by objects in the collection of African art
• Creation of a landscape in connection with the collection of European art
• Creation of a print inspired by works from the collections of Inuit and First Nations art, plus many more creative projects.
Parents will be invited to an exhibition to wind up this memorable week.
Download (PDF) :
June: SOLD OUT
July: SOLD OUT
August: SOLD OUT
Note: The Museum's Day Camp is a one-week programme that is repeated from week to week. Prices include materials required for the activities. Only registration forms with payment included will be accepted.
|5 days||4 days|
514-285-2000, option 3
DAY CAMP AT A GLANCE
· All art lovers are welcome – no experience required!
· Our educators are experienced professionals.
· With our small groups, we are able to provide personalized attention.
· The Museum offers a secure environment for the children.
· Daycare is free from 8.30 to 9.30 a.m. and 4 to 5.30 p.m.
· Our daily schedule allows time for play and snacks.
· There is supervised time outdoors during the lunch break.
· All art material is provided.
· Children must bring their own meals and snacks (nothing that needs to be heated).
SCHOLARSHIPS FOR CHILDREN AND TEENS FROM LOW-INCOME FAMILIES
Teens are invited to take part in a unique Museum programme that could increase their chances of becoming summer camp counsellors!
Community organizations are invited to submit the candidacy of a teenager for the training programme at the Museum's Day Camp. Candidates must:
· be aged 16 or 17
· show an interest in art
· demonstrate leadership abilities and a sense of responsibility
· and be available for one week, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
During the week of training, the Museum will cover transportation costs and provide a boxed lunch every day at noon.
Cancellation and Refund Policy
If a Day Camp reservation is cancelled seven (7) or more business days before the activity begins, the fees will be refunded in full, except for a $50 administration fee. No refunds will be granted for cancellations made less than seven (7) business days before the activity begins, unless the cancellation is made for medical reasons, in which case a doctor's note is required and fees will be refunded in full.
Information and registration:
514-285-2000, option 3