Presented by Arte Musica in collaboration with the Montreal Museum of Fine Arts
On Saturdays, from April 18 to May 23, 2020, from 10:30 a.m. to 11:45 p.m.
Concert : Saturday May 30 2020 at 11 a.m.
Get to know the basics of singing while learning pieces that are sung both in unison and in harmony : folk songs from many continents and pieces from the classical repertoire. A unique opportunity to make music as a family in a warm and friendly atmosphere where everyone can learn at their own pace. Grandparents are welcome too!
Workshops are led by choral conductor Claude-Marie Landré
- Eight workshops lasting 75 minutes each, and taking place at Bourgie Hall + one performance at the Museum;
- Workshops are open to parents and children aged 7 years and up (grandparents are welcome);
- Registration requirements: to love signing (reading music is not required);
- Registered participants are required to attend all workshops (another family member cannot replace them);
- Workshops are bilingual;
- Workshops are led by professional musicians;
- The minimum number of participants is 20 and the maximum number is 60;
- Musical scores are provided to participants;
- Participants must bring their own binders and pencils to the workshops.
Cost of the workshops for one parent and one child, including musical scores and public performance:
One parent and one child: General public: $65 | Museum VIP members: 55,25 $ | $20 per additional family member
Information: Krisjana Thorsteinson, email@example.com or 514-285-1600, extension 634