Presented by Arte Musica Foundation and the Montreal Museum of Fine Arts, in collaboration with Bradyworks.
Saturdays, February 15 to March 21, 2020, from 10:30 to noon.
Concert: Saturday, March 28, 2020, at 11 a.m.
Arte Musica is pleased to offer a series of creative workshops for amateur musicians interested in musical improvisation, both free and guided. Participants will learn the basic principles of improvisation and come to understand how “real time” musical composition works, while developing their listening and interactive abilities. An authentic music creation laboratory, this activity is invested in participants’ open-mindedness and diversity of experience, with the aim of exploring music as a means of self-expression.
Workshops are led by Tim Brady, electric guitar, and Shawn Mativetsky, tabla and percussion.
The six 90-minute workshops take place in Bourgie Hall’s rehearsal room, with the addition of one public performance;
- This workshop is for musicians who have previously participated in an improvisation workshop with Tim Brady;
- For amateur musicians aged 16 and older.
- A minimum of two years of vocal or instrumental training is required of participants;
- Reading music is not required of participants;
- Workshops are directed by professional musicians, both in English and in French;
- The minimum number of participants is 5, and the maximum is 10;
- Participants must bring their own instrument. Space for pianists is limited : one piano and one electronic keyboard with amplifier are available onsite.
Cost of workshops (includes participation in public performance):
General Public: $80 | VIP: $68,25 | 16 to 34 years of age: $40,50
Claire and Marc Bourgie Pavilion, Montreal Museum of Fine Arts, 1339 Sherbrooke Street West