The Montreal Museum of Fine Arts is seeking a Head of Exhibition Administration, reporting to the Director of the Curatorial Division, to oversee activities related to project management and administrative planning for all upcoming MMFA exhibitions.
- Develop local, national and international partnerships through representation and solicitation, including project canvassing and prospecting for touring exhibitions.
- Manage the exhibition programming calendar, including planning touring exhibitions.
- Define project and team structure and negotiate the terms and conditions with partners.
- Ensure project planning and start-up: project calendar, financial arrangements, contract management.
- Manage exhibition projects and perform budgetary control, including balance sheets, funding reports, financial reconciliation and reporting.
- Ensure the quality of execution, meet deadlines and follow up with various collaborators, consultants and partners.
- Negotiate conditions for artwork loans, commissioned works of art, exhibition rights, fees and copyrights.
- Manage calls for projects, contests and artist residencies (drafting of calls for projects, awarding, contracts with artists, participation in reporting).
- Supervise the Exhibition Administration Department and provide support to the Director of the Curatorial Division as a manager of the Curatorial Department.
- Act as a liaison and ensure close collaboration with the various internal departments, including Publishing, Exhibitions Production, Archives, Curatorial, Grants Management and Communications, as well as the Foundation.
- Assist in initiating the implementation of processes and procedures within the Department.
- Represent the Museum on various forums and committees.
- Undergraduate degree in management or administration
- Minimum of eight (8) years of experience in project management
- Keen sense of planning and organization
- Ability to work under pressure, and manage priorities and multidisciplinary teams
- Knowledge of the extended museum network in Canada and abroad
- Excellent spoken and written French and English (mandatory)
- Strong management, negotiation, communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of the museum milieu or exhibition management