The Montreal Museum of Fine Arts (MMFA) is releasing a call for applications for an artist’s residency, titled Impressions. For a period of six weeks, from January 25 to March 4, 2016, the Museum will open its doors and its reserves to an emerging visual artist from one of Montreal’s cultural communities.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: NOVEMBER 14, 2015
As one of Montreal’s leading institutions, the MMFA considers it imperative to support original initiatives that will provide cultural institutions and creators the opportunity for mutual enrichment. The Impressions residency is intended for artists who meet the criteria established by the Conseil des arts de Montréal:
• Professional artist that has core training in the arts and whose abilities have been recognized by their peers. Professional artists create, perform or publish works for public presentation, devote themselves primarily to the practice of their art, and are remunerated for the works they create;
• Be an artist from a cultural community, a visible minority or an aboriginal community
• Emerging artist (under 35 years old);
• Canadian citizen or permanent resident;
• Resides on the island of Montreal (at least one year).