How do I make a gift of an artwork?
- Present your offer of a gift in writing along with photographs of the work and supporting documentation
- If the work is accepted as a gift, acquisition committees will carry out a thorough evaluation of it
- The final decision is made by an external committee made up of collectors, donors and third-party experts
- A tax receipt stating the fair market value of the work accepted as a gift will be issued to you by the MMFA
- Given the appraisals required, the entire process may take up to a year and a half
- You can also make a monetary donation to contribute to the purchase of a work
Join the great community of donors who together help support the Museum, for the benefit of millions of visitors.