More than 1 million visitors in 2013, 2014, 2015
Among the first musuem in Canada
12th in North America
With more than 107,000 VIP members
Five pavilions covering more than 48,813 m2; eighth largest art museum in North America for surface area
A concert hall, auditorium and areas for educational, community and art therapy activities
Sculpture garden adjoining the Museum
Opening of first pavilion, the current Michal and Renata Hornstein Pavilion, designed by Canadian architects Edward & W.S. Maxwell.
Opening of a second pavilion, built under the direction of Canadian architect Fred Lebensold, the current Liliane and David M. Stewart Pavilion, and inauguration of Maxwell Cummings Auditorium.
Opening of the third pavilion, the current Jean-Noël Desmarais Pavilion, designed by Canadian architect Moshe Safdie. The expanded educational facilities, the Studios Art & Education Michel de la Chenelière, opened In 2012.
Opening of Claire and Marc Bourgie Pavilion – the fourth in the Museum’s history – designed by the Montreal architectural firm Provencher+Roy et Associés.
Opening of the Bourgie professional concert hall in the heritage church next to the new pavilion (the former Erskine & American Church, designed by architect Alexander C. Hutchison in 1894). Restoration of the building envelope by DFS Inc. architecture & design.
Projected opening of the Museum’s fifth pavilion, Michal and Renata Hornstein Pavilion for Peace, designed by the consortium of architect Manon Asselin of TAG and Jodoin Lamarre Pratte Architectes.