London, Robert H. and Evelyn Benson (by 1906, until 1927; as by Cosimo Rosselli);
New York, dealer Duveen (in 1927);
Paris, dealer or private collection (in 1931);
Oberhofen, Switzerland, Dr. Paul Ganz (in 1953).
Between 1906 and 1953, this work was also attributed variously to Piero di Cosimo; Francesco Granacci; a follower of Domenico Ghirlandaio; Raffaellino del Garbo; Niccolò da Foligno; and Bartolommeo di Giovanni.