To celebrate the holidays, the Montreal Museum of Fine Arts (MMFA) has a special gift to offer: special time with friends and family in the form of Miracle at the Museum, a promotion offering free admission to the MMFA’S discovery exhibitions and permanent collections.
Miracle at the Museum
Discover the new Stephan Crétier and Stéphany Maillery Wing From Saturday, December 21, 2019, to Sunday, January 5, 2020, admission is free to the Museum’s discovery exhibitions and permanent collections presented throughout its five pavilions! (does not apply to the major exhibition)
Discovery Exhibitions on view:
- About Face: Photographs by Cindy Sherman, Laurie Simmons and Rachel Harrison from the Collection of Carol and David Appel (starting December 11)
- “For every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you”: Selections from the Bailey Collection (starting December 4)
- Obsession: Sir William Van Horne’s Japanese Ceramics
- Untamed Colour: Celebrating Jean McEwen
- Contemporary Artists at Play: Flirting with Codes ,Tricks and Subterfuge
- Avant-garde Montrealers: Jewellery, Glass and Ceramics as Envisioned by Gallerists Jocelyne Gobeil, Elena Lee and Barbara Silverberg
Please note that the MMFA is closed Mondays as well as on December 25 and January 1.
From December 21, 2019, to January 5, 2020, the MMFA is inviting families to engage in a creative activity together, themed on holidays. Passes for this free activity will be available as of 10 a.m. on the day of the workshop at the Museum’s Ticket Counter (1380 Sherbrooke Street West). First come, first served!
DROP-IN WORKSHOP: A Shared Image
This holiday season, get inspired by our Arts of One World collection and celebrate the meaningful images that bring us together. Using a rubbing technique, create a button pin of an image that has special meaning to you and that you want to share.