The Montreal Museum of Fine Arts (MMFA) Foundation is launching its annual 2020-2021 fundraising campaign and highlighting the crucial role of those who reflect the soul of the institution: its donors. Through the generosity of 7,000 donors, the MMFA is able to continue its work and fulfill its humanist mission. They deserve our deep appreciation.
The collective contribution of thousands of people has allowed the Museum to nourish minds, pursue its social mission and ensure the sustainability and enrichment of cultural heritage for 160 years.
When the Museum presents an exhibition of international stature, it's signed by you. When it allows thousands of families to enjoy cultural offerings free of charge each year, it's signed by you. And when the Museum brings a moment of joy and artistic discovery to cancer patients, it’s, once again, signed by you.
The Foundation is therefore sharing the testimonials of donors, without whom the Museum could not exist, which demonstrate the impact of donations, large and small. Discover them here. They highlight the four main areas to which donors and partners contribute:
- Supporting the production of major exhibitions and Museum programming as a whole (Rich programming with major exhibitions, some of them international, and discovery exhibitions)
- Ensuring the perpetuity of the MMFA's encyclopedic collection (Acquisition of works dating from ancient times to the present to expand the Museum's encyclopedic permanent collection, which currently contains 45,000 works)
- Developing and maintaining the MMFA's educational, wellness and museum therapy activities (Educational programs made available to schools and families, activities of the Michel de la Chenelière International Atelier for Education and Art Therapy, etc.)
- Making art accessible to everyone (Accessibility to art, museum therapy and wellness programs, social projects developed in collaboration with socio-community and health organizations, etc.)
The goal of the 2020-2021 annual campaign is to raise $1.3 million. The sum of individual efforts will, once again, enable your Museum to fulfill its crucial role in our society.
Giving: your generosity is crucial
There are three ways to contribute to the campaign:
- online, at signedbyyou.ca
- by phone at 514-285-2000
- or by joining one of the MMFA's philanthropic circles (mbam.qc.ca/en/philanthropic-circles/ or 514-285-1600, ext. 269)
MMFA: A humanist museum that serves the community
Humanist, innovative and inclusive, the Museum is a non-profit organization that stands out for its forward-thinking programs for children, families, seniors and people with special needs. As an NPO, the MMFA depends largely on the donations received each year to maintain and develop its social projects and pursue its mission. signedbyyou.ca
Concept and implementation of the “Signed by you” campaign: Deux Huit Huit
The MMFA Foundation wishes to thank all donors and partners of the 2020-2021 annual campaign.